New Haven, CT
- Job Level:
$20.00 - $25.00/hr.
Join a growing laboratory team in a beautiful new lab space. We are actively seeking an experienced Chemist to join an established lab providing quantitative and qualitative wet and instrumental analyses. The Technical Support Chemist will be responsible for analyses to provide customer support to address quality and applications issues.
Our client is a global specialty chemical leader dedicated to providing high quality products and unsurpassed customer support to the technology sector.
- Conducts assigned technical tasks in support of external and internal customer requests including sample preparation, analysis and reporting to meet the schedule time constraints and with minimal supervision, using established scientific methods and troubleshooting skills to resolve undocumented technical challenges or analytical results.
- Follow moderately complex wet testing methods as assigned, prepare reagents, standards, calibrate instruments and record all data appropriately.
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal and external clients. May develop, report and presentation test results to internal customers as needed.
- Collaborate with laboratory staff to ensure department targets are met, assist with additional testing as requested and provide support as needed to internal and external customers.
- Follow all applicable safety, environmental and company policies
- BS/MS level Material Science or Chemistry preferred (a well experienced AS level candidate may be considered)
Experience & Skills Required
- BS/MS Chemistry or other scientific discipline with 1+ year of hands on laboratory experience utilizing wet methods (AS level candidates with 4+ years of wet methods experience will be considered).
- Knowledge of wet analytical methods including titrimetric analyses
- Safe chemical handling, ability to safely employ chemical handling techniques, follow established protocol and waste management procedures.
- Excellent PC skills which may include database entry/management (e.g. Windows OS, Access, MS Office Suite).
- Excellent communication, organizational, presentation and interpersonal skills. Ability to write reports, effectively present information and respond to questions.