Cosmetics Manufacturer is seeking a Director of Brand Development to develop product marketing strategy based on a foundation of consumer insight, regional relevance, competitive evaluation, financial rigor and applied marketing. The Director of Brand Development will lead the collaboration of all key groups to result in the marketing of best in class products, programs and promotions that reinforce the brand’s competitive position in the global marketplace. S/he will also lead the creation of new product calendar, SKU management / discontinuations, COG, and pricing strategy.
- Drive growth of line & categories while maintaining brand equity and DNA.
- Develop product marketing strategy for core & promotional product collaboration with the team to drive profitable growth based on consumer insights, competitive learnings, brand DNA, regional relevance, need gap analysis and product innovation.
- Work cross functionally to deliver marketing programs and marketing support for key initiatives that are regionally relevant and appealing to the consumer. Lead the 360 product development cycle for all core-new and promotional launches
- Analyze trends, competitive product launches, and retailer market data to identify key insights and opportunities. Translate research into product opportunities for future strategic goals
- Collaborate with Sales to balance current portfolio, analyze forecasted sales and develop strategic pricing & product plans ensuring alignment with trends, brand identity, and financial goals
- Manage and prompt the cross functional system to execute development
- Timeline management for all cross-functional parties required to launch and support product initiatives on a daily basis
- Collaborate with R&D on formula and shade development, innovative technology capabilities, and raw material research from concept through scale up production
- Lead creative briefs and collaborate on the vision for creative assets, brand identity, packaging execution, and all merchandising aspects with vendors, source and manage the development of packaging to ensure primary and secondary meet specifications and brand identity
- Work factory direct internationally to develop and deliver turnkey products
- Manage consumer panel testing for claim substantiation
- Ensure all products delivered at target COGs and quality standards