- Prepare comprehensive credit analysis reports in order to evaluate the credit risks of the corporate bonds in assigned sectors and proposed transactions.
- Effectively communicate recommendations with portfolio managers and senior management.
- Keep chief analyst and portfolio managers abreast of external events that may impact the portfolio.
- Prepare written reviews of investments in the portfolio in assigned sectors and proactively monitor the portfolio holdings in assigned sectors.
- Review documentation and assist with negotiation of credit terms.
- Assist other group members with various tasks related to credit analysis and related compliance matters pertaining to the desk.
Experience & Skills Required
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience.
- Experience with the North America Investment Grade corporate bond markets.
- Understanding in the following areas: Financial Analysis / accounting skills/quantitative skills for sector coverage.
- Sectors may include: Bank, Insurance, Diversified Financial Services, Technology, Healthcare, Consumer Non-cyclical (Beverages, Tobacco, Cosmetic/Personal Care, Household Products/Wares), or Communications.
- Have the ability to communicate technical information both written and orally clearly and accurately
- Should exhibit good interpersonal skills and be receptive to rules and procedures