We are currently seeking a Manager of PACS/Radiology Systems for an opportunity in Brooklyn, NY. This is a highly specialized position that requires a high level of IT Knowledge with an overall responsibility for managing and supporting the Picture Archiving and Communications Systems (PACS) and Radiology systems at the main campus and the Breast Center.
- Accountable for the efficient day-to-day PACS/Radiology Systems including Vendor Neutral Archive and Universal Viewer service delivery in the clinical environment, in order to ensure continuity of patient care at all times. This position includes the development and maintenance of PACS/RIS policies and procedures, system audit, handling of complaints and ensuring a close liaison with Clinical Users and with Vendors.
- Maintains effective service delivery through the allocation and management of physical resources and responds to evolving clinical service needs.
- Responsible for the delivery of PACS/Radiology training to all relevant clinical and non-clinical staff.
- Responsible for the overall analysis, system design, development, and support of complex computer applications and systems in the Enterprise
- Organizes, monitors and implements information systems projects as it relates to the acquisition and storage of images.
- Support Radiology and appropriate hospital staff in the use of PACS and Radiology Systems including Teleradiology
- Provide management and support for PACS equipment in clinical areas including the Intensive Care units, Operating Rooms and Emergency Department (Trauma).
- Management and support of all distributed PACS equipment throughout the hospital, Breast Center and affiliates. Develops operating standards, policies and procedures.
- Works with all Imaging Department’s CQI personnel to identify and design future needs and efficient workflow processes that include further integration into operations.
- Responsible for the training of all new Radiology staff in PACS/Radiology Systems as appropriate.
- Ensures all Department, Hospital, HIPPA, JCAHO and CMS (PAMA) guidelines are met as they pertain to the Imaging Systems.
- Attend Staff meetings and collaborate with Radiology and other Departments re: Cardiology and Vascular Staff on New Department Initiatives.