Fuel Oil Dealers
- Job Level:
$95,000.00 - $100,000.00 plus Bonus
Under the direction of the CFO, the Credit Manager is responsible for managing the credit control functions including granting of credit, and collection of accounts receivable for a $500 million company with peak receivables in excess of $40 million. Will supervise a department of five credit and collection specialists and manage relationships with collection firms and attorneys. Maintains efficiency by monitoring aging reports across all subsidiaries. This position is primarily responsible for developing, implementing and monitoring compliance with the customer credit and risk strategy and policy framework for the company’s operations.
- Directly or indirectly responsible for all Credit & Collections including litigation.
- Initiates daily ACH customer drafts
- Establishes credit policies and sets credit limits for all customer accounts.
- Performs credit checks on all new customers
- Monitors A/R agings and utilizes statement reminders, dunning letters, personal contact via text messaging, email and phone to achieve goals
- Mentors and develops staff through coaching and cross training on all department functions
- Monitors daily department activities to ensure efficient operations
- Manages escalated collection calls while partnering with business unit directors to resolve aging and past due accounts effectively
- Represents Company on collections in the litigation process, including Court appearances as needed.
- Ensures that daily customer remittances are deposited and accurately posted to customer accounts.
- Ensures compliance with the Company’s credit policy and adherence to accepted standards
- Addresses business unit inquiries regarding delinquencies and exception requests
- Monitors customer deduction tracking and reconciliation
- Provides appropriate oversite of sales teams and customers with regard to new account establishment.
- Manages retail customer budget payment plans process flow
- Conducts annual credit review of wholesale customer financial statements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting or Finance; MBA preferred.
Experience & Skills Required
- Extensive credit management experience in both B2B and B2C environments
- Experience with ERP or customer service database programs essential.
- Familiarity with D&B, Experion, and other credit reporting services
- Experience with ACH, e-check, and credit card payment processing
- Ability to lead and supervise five or more employees.
- Strong leadership skills with minimum five years’ supervisory experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with other departments
- Proficient in Excel, MS Office Suite, and electronic payment and collection methods
- Communication skills, including public speaking and negotiating
- Analytical and financial management ability, including statistical analysis
- Skill in quickly assessing situations and individuals and determining appropriate action to achieve goals of improved profitability and customer satisfaction
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with internal and external customers
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple task and deadlines
- Extensive knowledge of credit and commercial laws, including bankruptcy and lien laws