New Haven, CT
- Job Level:
$30,000 - $40,000
We are seeking ambitious entry to junior level candidates for our clients' Genomics Testing Facility. This entry to junior level Research Associate position will be responsible for mastering routine and complex analysis of research and clinical samples using next-generation sequencing and microarray methods.
This position will work in a growing, fast-paced service laboratory providing clinical and research analyses to the biotech, academic and clinical communities.
- Track and prepare clinical and research samples for analysis
- Utilize routine and complex testing methods for next generation sequencing and microarray analyses and maintain all necessary documentation
- Prepare laboratory reagents, track inventory and maintain daily record keeping
- Review data, report deviation, ensure proper documentation of results. Prepare scientific reports
- Interacts with internal and external customers as needed, Researchers, Research Assistants, and Graduate Students.
- Attend department meetings, discuss and evaluate results and work-flows to ensure the smooth and safe operation of the laboratory.
- Perform additional duties as assigned
Experience & Skills Required
- BA/BS in Life Sciences with relevant hands on laboratory experience
- High energy individual able to effectively multi-task, priority set, and strive in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent communication (oral and written), organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Able to quickly grasp concepts and instructions
- Individual will possess attention to detail, requiring little revision to work produced
- Strong attention to detail