Manufacturing Warehousing / Industrial Software
- Job Level:
$24.00 - $25.00/hr.
We are currently seeking a 2nd Shift Toolmaker to set up, operate and adjust standard or specialized machine tools and use hand tools to construct, alter, repair, or maintain moderately complex tools. Exposure to current control logic and platform and grinding experience a must (tight tolerance).
- Set up, operate, adjust machine tools in performing moderately complex assignments requiring a high degree of accuracy and precision on products having interrelated dimensions.
- Work from routings, blueprints, engineering, and quality specifications and verbal instructions.
- Assist in the development of rough sketches and fabrication of appropriate hardware based on information provided by Engineers and/or Designers
- Make recommendations to Designers and Engineers for design improvement
- Meets costs, schedule and quality objectives for all assigned jobs. Occasionally estimates these items.
- Determines method and sequence of machining operation required, and upon completion assembles and adjusts final product.
- Suggest appropriate material for assignment based on knowledge of material qualities and application, as well as understanding sound heat treat techniques.
- Expected to coordinate moderately complex assignments.
- Tests and debugs completed equipment and communicates with appropriate function to document necessary changes
- As necessary, designs and builds special temporary tooling to assist in making the part.
- Recognizes the need for and actively participates in the maintenance of tools and machines used in performing job responsibility.
- May provide technical assistance to other tool and model making personnel on difficult operations and setups.
- Maintain awareness of and adheres to all location safety and security procedures and practices. Keeps work area and equipment clean and organized.
Experience & Skills Required
- Tight tolerance grinding experience required.
- Knowledge of mechanical drawing and principles of design, advanced shop mathematics, and related physical sciences, i.e. properties of materials, metallurgy, metrology, etc.
- Knowledge of machine shop principles and practices on all types of machine tools.
- Knowledge of hand tools and measuring instruments.
- Knowledge of electrical and mechanical components.
- General math, verbal and written communication skills required.
- Occasional heavy lifting.