- Job Level:
We are currently seeking a Food Scientist who will be responsible for Commercial Product Development, including Benchtop development and analytical analysis (about 50% of work effort), pilot plant work, production trials, and support of initial production start-up.
- Responsible for ideation, conceptualization, and prototype development for innovation projects, staying current on new food flavor trends and assist in effectively communicating them to the organization.
- Assist in redesign and renovation of existing products to increase quality, reduce costs and/or increase production efficiencies. Interact with other team members and customers in a professional manner.
- Analyze samples lab and pilot plant samples using HPLC, nitrogen analyzer, FTIR system and additional instrumentation as required according to proper material handling procedures and prepare samples according to instructions.
- Coordinate testing and data analysis from 3rd parties
- Work with and support other departments, including Operations and Engineering, Adhere to all Food Safety regulations, Quality, R&D Procedures, GMP, and Safety Standards.
- Complete other required tasks as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Biology, Chemistry or related field required
Experience & Skills Required
- 1-5 years of experience in food product development and manufacturing preferred.
- Experience running laboratory testing equipment, including – HPLC, Nitrogen analyzer, FTIR, etc.
- Must be willing to taste food products.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills. Strong computer skills
- Ability to work independently while maintaining close communication and collaborative work relationships with all levels of the organization and with external customers.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to prioritize and anticipate changing project needs.
- Mainly first shift hours, but must maintain a flexible schedule to accommodate start production and/or adjustments required.
- Must interact with customers and plant personnel in a professional and friendly manner.