- Create and control KYC files for new counterparts in accordance with the group’s standards. Perform modifications to KYC files, as required.
- Receive requests from the Front Office to establish a new client relationship and ensure less urgent requests are directed to the GRM Singapore team.
- Put together a KYC file using information received from the Relationship Manager, from the client and from independent research. The level of data and documentation required will vary according to the nature and risk level of the counterpart.
- Perform an adverse information search using WorldCheck and review the results. Identify any “true hits” that need to be brought to the attention of the KYC Controller and Financial Security.
- Capture this information into the KIWIS system.
- Liaise with the Financial Security team within the Compliance Department on high-risk files, possible adverse information on a client and questions regarding KYC policy.
- Keep a track of outstanding requests to ensure, as far as possible, all are addressed by the requested due date.