Chemistry Lab Technician
Manufacturing Warehousing / Industrial Software
- Job Level:
$25.00 - $28.00/hr.
We are currently seeking a Chemical Lab Technician who performs repetitive workstation or line assembly operations to electropolish wires, tubes, and components in the EP lab. The Chemical Lab Technician will also oversee associates and processes to maximize efficiencies.
- Diagnose process equipment problems
- Work with engineering to develop chemical processing of Nitinol based medical devices
- Understands and trained to work with hazardous chemicals
- Mixing, using and disposing of hazardous chemicals
- Utilizes timers for time-based cycles
- Competent in loading parts for all processes
- Able to etch, electropolish, passivate, and rinse in proper order
- Ability or capability to learn how to operate micrometers to do in line inspection of etched and electropolished parts
- Operate stir plates, ultrasonic cleaners, and other associated equipment
- Operate electropolishing systems
- Follows all safety guidelines
- Microscope visual inspection
- People and process management
- Assist to create and revise work instructions
- High School diploma or equivalency
Experience & Skills Required
- 2 years of related technical work experience or two 2 year technical college degree.
- Fluent English
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret procedure/safety manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers.
- The operator must process the ability or capability to measure ( 0.0001) resolution using analog micrometers. Ability to operate counting scales and understands the importance of counting accuracy. Ability to perform basic arithmetic in determining cycle lengths ( converting minutes to seconds).
- Must have the ability to work as part of a team. Chemical handling experience, mechanical aptitude, basic electrical knowledge, ability to read and interpret work instructions, prints, and drawings, problem-solving skills, ability to troubleshoot manufacturing equipment, and good written and oral communication skills. Computer knowledge very important. Need the ability to handle multiple assignments, work independently with minimal supervision and must be detail oriented. Laboratory experience a plus.