Bio Medical Technician
Wappingers Falls, NY
- Job Level:
$19.00 - $20.00/hr.
We are currently seeking a Product Repair Specialist who will be responsible for the repair, calibration, and maintenance of Medical devices and Medical training equipment, using hand tools, power tools, measuring devices, and knowledge of manufacturers’ manuals, troubleshooting techniques, and preventive-maintenance schedules. May be required to perform product repair training or demonstrate repair procedures.
- Provide solutions in a timely fashion for issues that may arise with products.
- Log and track repair calls in the established ERP database, prioritize and escalate jobs as required.
- Assist with the development and testing of newly designed products for operational integrity and function
- Inventory cycle counts and management
- Software and Networking troubleshooting, diagnosis, and repair.
- Inform customers via standard procedure of repair/diagnosis and shipping information.
- Create quotes for out of warranty repairs, and follow up with customers in a timely manner to manage these repairs.
- Maintain a high standard of quality repairs-ensuring that product leaving the depot will meet customer expectations.
- Effectively communicate ideas, expectations, and goals while working with and through others to achieve desired results.
- Conduct Non-Warranty service and Warranty calls
- Identify trends in the repair calls and develop documentation to address these most-often reported problems and issues. Notify management of increasing trends, unusual activity or repeated activity.
- Evaluates returned product to ensure performance and adherence to established specifications.
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance on company product lines
- Safety-tests medical equipment for function and performance as defined in product literature.
- Identifies, analyzes, and reports on product failures for manufacturing review.
- Troubleshoot, repair, modify, overhaul or refurbish standard and special purpose equipment and system components
- Assist with equipment testing and mock repair procedures during product prototype design phases.
- Support all internal and external customers with product knowledge and expertise.
- Recommends means for product or system improvements including procedural steps, increased training, and enhanced documentation.
- 2 year technology degree and post school experience strongly sought
Experience & Skills Required
- A minimum of three years experience in a technical support environment
- Experience as a Biomedical Technician is a great plus.
- Ability to work through and influence others
- Strong customer service oriented attitude along with excellent telephone presence
- Familiarity with applicable FDA guidelines and by-laws as they relate to medical device repair and reporting.
- Diagnostic and analytical skills
- Proactive thinker and team player that is interested and willing to take on additional tasks.
- Minimum of three years Electro-Mechanical knowledge; preferably college or trade school training
- Strong computer literacy skills (Microsoft platform) with an emphasis on software knowledge, installations and use.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to multitask - Sense of urgency; maintain a positive attitude
- Ability to be proactive and able to take direction and establish ownership of projects.
- Demonstrated networking skills, able to foster strong relationships internally and externally.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Use multiple problem-solving techniques such as root-cause analysis, brainstorming and prioritization
- Selects the best course of action based on analyzing all alternatives and implements solution informing all parties involved
- Must Complete CPR training on annual basis using the company's equipment and Learning Management System tools.
- EMT/EMS, Paramedic, or Nurse training is a plus