Accounts Payable Specialist
New York, NY
- Job Level:
$50.000 - $55,000
We are currently seeking an Accounts Payable Specialist for an opportunity with a leading financial services company in New York City. This senior position needs someone who is experienced and knowledgeable in the field. The Accounts Payable Specialist will have many responsibilities, including reviewing policies and procedures.
- Accounts Payable (A/P) Operations and Budget Management.
- Review payment requests from other groups. Process A/P invoices by check issuance and funds transfer.
- Manage and project non-personnel expense in line with budget.
- Policy, Procedure and Manual Maintenance.
- Review and update Administration & Facilities policies, procedures and manuals.
- Corporate Insurance Renewals.
- Process corporate insurance renewals for the commercial business policy by updating policy and recommending changes according to business requirements.
- Coordinate with insurance broker from time to time.
- Facilities Function Supports.
- Oversee the office supply inventories and review invoices.
- Perform annual asset inventory and assist in record retention.
- Co-work with colleagues and managers for ad-hoc tasks.
- Coordinate corporate event (e.g. holiday party).
- Bachelor’s Degree or an advanced degree from a 4-year college or university (Business or a related curriculum).
Experience & Skills Required
- Microsoft Windows, Excel, Word, Outlook, and Internet Explorer.
- Basic accounting knowledge.