- Job Level:
$30.00 - $35.00/hr.
Our client, a well-respected hospital, is in need of an experienced Medical Technologist, with a Microbiology focus. Our client has been consistently recognized as a top employer in the Healthcare Sector. They have also recently invested in their lab space, creating a state of the art laboratory.
- Perform tests on biological specimens using manual and automated methods following established methods & SOP’s
- Perform quality assurance and quality control testing, performance evaluations, instrument function checks and calibrations as assigned.
- Maintain appropriate documentation for all tests. Enter and release required information in the Laboratory Information System, such as test results, comments, and quality control results.
- Consult with laboratory supervisory staff prior to reporting grossly abnormal results and when out of control test run is encountered.
- Prepare reagents as needed, maintain quality control records, compile any required statistical data and maintain the cleanliness of work areas.
- B.S./B.A. in Laboratory Science (or permitted by NYS Dept of Education as a Medical Technologist) with completion of 1 year training in an approved Medical Technology program or equivalent as per New York State Department of Health Standards and Laws.
Experience & Skills Required
- New York State License as a Medical Technologist required. ASCP preferred.
- 2 years working within a clinical microbiology laboratory. Parasitology, Molecular and Mycrobacteriology experience.
- NYS Clinical Laboratory Technologist License. MLS or MT ASCP and ASCP SM certification in microbiology preferred.