- Job Level:
Our client, a large hospital in Brooklyn, has a need for a Unit Receptionist for a temporary assignment. As the Unit Receptionist, you will have a hand in assuring the day to day functions are completed to keep the office running smoothly.
*FLUENCY IN SPANISH IS REQUIRED*
- Welcome patients and visitors by greeting patients and visitors, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries
- Schedule appointments for patients in person or by telephone
- Keeps patient appointments on schedule by notifying provider of patient's arrival; reviewing service delivery compared to schedule; reminding provider of service delay.
- Comforts patients by anticipating patients' anxieties; answering patients' questions; maintaining the reception area.
- Ensures availability of treatment information by filing and retrieving patient records
- Maintains patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and updating personal and financial information
- Maintains business office inventory and equipment by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies
- High school diploma or equivalent, certifications are a PLUS
Experience & Skills Required
- Minimum 6 months of related office experience in a professional environment.
- Working knowledge of computers
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and verbal
- Consistently demonstrate a high level of performance and professionalism
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a high-pressure environment