- Job Level:
Our client, a large hospital in Queens, has immediate long-term contract openings for experienced Office Assistants.
Candidates MUST have prior office experience, INTERNSHIPS ARE OK! Candidates with medical assistant certifications are encouraged to apply.
FLUENCY IN SPANISH IS REQUIRED.
- Coverage for other Assistants during busy times
- Provide backup for Receptionist
- Type general office correspondence and miscellaneous transaction documentation
- Provide administrative support to professional and administrative staff as needed including copying, faxing, scanning, binding, filing and other clerical tasks
- Assist with distribution of mail
- Obtain insurance, authorization for patients
- Greet, register and schedule appointments
- High school diploma or equivalent, certifications are a PLUS
Experience & Skills Required
- Minimum 6 months of related office experience in a professional environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; Working knowledge of PowerPoint
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and verbal
- Consistently demonstrate a high level of performance and professionalism
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a high-pressure environment
- Work well individually and in a collaborative team environment
- Exhibition of professional demeanor not only in conduct (e.g. communications), but also in dress code.