Long Term Contract
White Plains, NY
- Job Level:
Expanding corporation located in the mid-Westchester area is in need of an Accounting Assistant to join their team ASAP. This is a great opportunity to get your foot in the door and gain solid experience with a well-known company.
- Responsible for maintaining companywide accounts payable spreadsheet
- Process approved accounts payable invoices; including routing of invoices on a daily/weekly basis into Basware accounting system.
- Invoice routing, approval collection and follow up on a weekly basis for all international wire payments
- Follow up with vendor requests as needed, liaise between various departments at parent company to ensure timely invoice processing.
- Process T&E expenses on a weekly basis. This includes reconciling expenses against physical receipts provided and following up with the employee or manager where appropriate.
- Improve T&E process to reduce the payment cycle time, and analyze monthly T&E data to find cost efficiency.
- Provide billing team with summary of T&E expenses to be invoiced to clients
- Assist in the management of the project module system, adding new projects, granting employee’s access, running queries and following up on paperwork as needed
- Assist with training of new employees on Acumatica time & expense entry system
- Monitor capital purchases made through the company credit card, reconcile these against authorizations, compile substantiation to ensure compliance with corporate finance policies
- Participate in Greenhouse Gas Initiative, assisting in data collection for all offices worldwide
- Assist Finance manager with monthly accounting close process
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field
Experience & Skills Required
- 1+ years of relevant experience
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and financial software preferred
- Excellent analytical skills, decision making and problem solving skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to take initiative, identify issues, act independently, and communicate and present recommendations to management