Long Term Contract
New York, NY
- Job Level:
$17.00 - $25.00
Our client is currently seeking Compounders for small bench scale preparation of fine fragrances. The Fine Fragrance Compounder will be responsible for accurately following manufacturing processes from beginning to end and recording all pertinent information. The individual will work with a high attention to detail in the preparation of complex fine fragrance formulae.
- Reviews assigned formulas for compounding bench scale fine fragrance and ancillary personal care products
- Retrieves ingredients as indicated on the formula, ensuring only QC approved ingredients are used.
- Accurately measures ingredients using scales. Records substitutions, over-pours, etc., ensuring supervisor approval is obtained.
- Notifies supervisor of missing raw materials needed to complete batch.
- Packages approved batches and labels all finished product containers.
- Stocks supplies and labels containers of raw materials when needed.
- Completes end-of-day procedures including filling powders, repacking, housekeeping and controlling and documenting waste.
- Maintains clean and safe work area, and adheres to safety regulations and procedures, understanding the hazards of handling the various chemicals.
Experience & Skills Required
- Experience preparing fine fragrance formulae
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment with changing priorities
- Knowledge of compounding and an understanding of special formula instructions.
- Ability to understand the importance of chemical handling safety, and adhere to safety regulations, guidelines, and procedures.