Flavorings Spices / Other Ingredients
- Job Level:
We are currently seeking a QC Analytical Chemist who will be responsible for performing QC and Instrumental analysis for chemicals and essential oils.
- GC and GC-MS Analysis of Quality Control Samples, Fragrance compounds, Essential oils, and Chemical Compounds, and FT-IR evaluation.
- Methods development using the GC and GC-MS for best identification of essential oils and chemicals.
- Ability to work hands-on with the GC-MS, such as: source cleaning, regular maintenance/calibrations/validations, and updates to existing MS libraries.
- Extraction and duplication of finished fragrance products.
- Ability to assist senior evaluators and perfumers with key chemical and essential oil information related to extractions and identifications.
- Minimum Bachelors of Science Degree: Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or Biology.
Experience & Skills Required
- 2 to 5 years' experience in the Flavor and Fragrance industry.
- Good computer skills with ability to understand and work with all the current GC-MS database systems.
- Demonstrates positive interpersonal skills with clear communication both in verbal and written form.
- Works well independently.
- Must have good organizational skills.
- The ability to multitask in a busy environment.