Electrical Assembly Technician
New Brunswick, NJ
Rail / Trucking Equipment Manufacturing
- Job Level:
We are currently seeking an Electrical Assembly Technician who will be an experienced hands-on technician and be responsible for evaluating, inspecting, maintaining, assembling, and integrating electrical circuitry, wiring, cable and components on locomotives and passenger rail vehicles.
- Performs technical functions in support of project requirements including: installation, maintenance, modification, operation, circuit testing, validation, calibration, and troubleshooting of electronic or electromechanical components.
- Use of electrical tools and equipment to calibrate, test, troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve problems.
Experience & Skills Required
- Candidate will have strong electrical experience and ability to read technical schematics and wiring diagrams.
- Candidate must read, understand and utilize various engineering and manufacturing documents including bills of materials, assembly drawings, assembly instructions, wiring schematics and diagrams
- Mechanical assembly experience and machine/hand tool experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of circuits and electronics Document QC and problem resolution logs
- Perform re-work of wiring and assembly at request and guidance of QC technicians
- Minimum 2 years of practical experience in related fields (security systems, telecommunications, etc.)
- Proven experience interpreting and understanding mechanical and electrical drawings and schematics
Electrical Technology Certification (or equivalent) from a State or County Vocational and Technical School highly desired