VP Of Quality
New York, NY
Consumer Products Manufacturers
- Job Level:
$150,000 - $200,000 plus Bonus
We are seeking a well-qualified VP of Quality to join a successful team in a new role reporting to the Senior VP of Operations. This role will hold responsibilities for corporate Quality Systems to promote customer satisfaction and financial performance. This position will lead QA/QC programs, creating a culture of quality and establishing best practices.
Our client is a successful CPG manufacturer providing a full life cycle of solutions to leaders in the personal care market. Their services encompass creative support, product development, scale-up, manufacturing, packaging, and distribution/logistics.
- Lead continuous quality improvement efforts and defect reduction initiatives. Initiates and implements quality improvement activities as appropriate (e.g., Kaizen, Six Sigma) to raise the performance of the company’s product lines
- Create and implement robust Quality Management System to ensure State and Federal FDA, GMP and OTC compliance. Manage internal and external quality audits. Interact with FDA and regulatory agencies.
- Design, implement and document procedures for process control, process improvement, testing and inspection. Establish and implement metrics (process capability, control charts) for monitoring system effectiveness, collection and analysis of system data to identify trends and to enable managers to make sound product quality decisions. Report quality issues and trends to management team.
- Lead all quality control resources for problem identification, resolution, loss reporting and continuous improvement. Perform root-cause analysis and other problem solving activities to identify effective corrective actions and process improvements.
- Monitors, mentors, and supervises QA/QC team; responsible for hiring, training and performance management. Provide hands-on leadership and technical direction to QA/QC departments to ensure that department strategic, tactical, and quality goals are met. Strengthen quality assurance’s infrastructure through education, training, performance-based appraisals, and recruiting. Establish and monitor specific individual goals and objectives.
- Reviews customer purchase orders, contracts, and change requests and ensure that the necessary criteria and provisions are included in quality and process plans. Analyzes customers’ product specifications to establish efficient, cost-effective requirements for ease of manufacture and reproducibility. Interacts with customers to identify opportunities to improve quality and establish feedback with manufacturing and development personnel.
- Monitor supplier/vendor performance; establish criteria and rating system for critical vendors. Interfaces with supplier and customer quality representatives concerning problems with quality control and assure that effective corrective action is implemented.
- Minimum BS in a scientific or engineering discipline, graduate level degree is a plus
Experience & Skills Required
- ASQ CMQ or CQE certification and Six Sigma or Kaizen certifications are highly desirable
- 5+ years of supervisory responsibility with demonstrated success creating a positive culture, leading best practices initiatives and driving business performance
- 5-10 years of QA/QC experience Consumer Packaged Goods industry. Experience in QA systems implementation and management, ability to identify, define and implement quality systems.
- Solid knowledge of GMP and ISO guideline and compliance. Experience preparing for and managing external audits is desirable
- FDA & ISO experience
- Required skills include: Problem solving, decision making, ability to impact positive results, organizational skills, time management, attention to detail and technical requirements.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Computer Skills - Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office