New Haven, CT
- Job Level:
$65,000 - $85,000
We are seeking an experienced Analytical Chemist for an independent instrumental analyst role with responsibilities for quantitative and qualitative analyses using GC and GC/MS techniques. This position will be responsible for sample preparation, purification, standard preparation, instrument calibration, routine maintenance/troubleshooting, and data analysis. This position may provide technical oversight to Technicians and will report to the Laboratory Manager.
Our client is committed to providing state of the art quantitative and qualitative analyses to support regulatory and environmental compliance servicing a wide range of customers nationally for over 25 years.
- Provide expert analytical testing utilizing instrumental and wet methods.
- Operate, calibrate and maintain a variety of manual and automated laboratory instruments.
- Responsible for daily analysis samples using GC and GC/MS methods.
- Prepare routine and non-routine sample and solution preparation in accordance with established SOP’s. Accurately calculate solution concentration and sample dilutions (ppm, ppb, molarity, normality, % volume).
- Maintain excellent documentation records including sample tracking, standard tracking, maintenance, labeling and container requirements.
- General lab maintenance and glassware preparation/cleaning as necessary.
- Track and ensure appropriate inventory of raw materials and chemicals, ensure safe storage of chemicals. Stock supplies and label containers of raw materials
- Perform equipment and temperature verifications and log daily, ensure proper working condition and cleanliness of equipment.
- Appropriately dispose of laboratory waste in accordance with internal policy and Federal, State and local regulations.
- Adhere to all appropriate PPE and safety protocols. Maintain clean and safe work area, and adheres to safety regulations and procedures, understanding the hazards of handling the various chemicals.
- BS degree in Chemistry or Lifesciences
Experience & Skills Required
- A minimum of 2 years of hands-on experience working with gas chromatograph and/or GCMS instrumentation.
- Ability to work a standard Monday – Friday full time day shift as assigned by manager.
- Excellent documentation skills, strong attention to detail, multi-tasking and computer skills.
- Ability to understand the importance of chemical handling safety, and adhere to safety regulations, guidelines, and procedures.