New York, NY
Freight Forwarding Services
- Job Level:
The Billing Supervisor will be responsible for the overall operations of our billing department and for the weekly and monthly billing process and related reporting, operational audits, documenting and streamlining processes, and support of the overall responsibilities of the Operations and Finance/Accounting departments. Supervise and ensure completion of weekly/monthly billing and costing processes and related financial reporting accurately and completely.
- Ensure customer and vendor contracts are centrally maintained that relates to the billing and costing setup and invoicing Ensure billing and costing rates entered in operations system is most current, accurate and complete Identify process improvements for both billing and costing to streamline/prevent errors, and make recommendations to both internal and external customers and vendors
- Determine potential weaknesses in internal controls and recommend to make changes to management for improvement Guide Billing Clerk by training, assigning tasks, coaching, counseling, disciplining, communicating job expectations, planning, monitoring, appraising contributions, etc.
- Ensure Billing Clerks roles and responsibilities and applicable KPI’s are achieved completely and accurately (i.e. all Billing Clerk’s roles and responsibilities and KPI’s are the responsibilities of Billing Supervisor’s) Prepare appropriate credit memo supporting documents for incorrect billing items for management’s approval
- Ensure complaints and issues are resolved timely and appropriately Document all existing procedures and processes Coordinate and develop strategies to enhance cash collection Billing department to be custodians of the shipping files Assists in special projects as needed
- Bachelors Level degree in Accounting, Finance or related field preferred.
Experience & Skills Required
- Five (3) years of experience in positions of increasing responsibility in billing, process improvement, and general accounting (i.e. audit, accounts receivable/payable in a freight forwarding or logistics company preferred.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word and other Office products as well as other proprietary and commercial financial management IT systems and business objects.
- Exceptional problem solver with the ability to transition between detailed data and high-level conclusion/recommendations.
- Strong business acumen and the ability to influence and develop strong working relationships within a global organization.
- Detail oriented with an Accounting background.
- Experience interpreting data analytics to derive business insight and drive customer value.
- Experience working within a matrixed organization in which leadership and results are driven through influence and relationships rather than mandate.
- Ability to handle stress, solve problems, and manage conflict professionally.