- Keeps track of received data and source documents.
- Prepares and sorts source documents, and identifies and interprets data to be entered.
- Contacts preparers of source documents, to resolve questions, inconsistencies, or missing data.
- Enters alphabetic, numeric, or symbolic data; from source documents into computer following established scripts.
- Compares data entered with source documents, or reenters data in verification format on screen to detect errors.
- Makes necessary corrections to information entered.
- Compiles, sorts, and verifies accuracy of data to be entered.
- Keeps record of work completed.
- Reviews error reports and enters corrections into computer.
- Transmits entered information into database.
- Files or routes source documents after entry.
- Answer phone calls regarding entered authorizations and authorization procedures.
- Faxes special provider lists to ordering providers as needed.
- Ensure compliance with and/or adheres to Company HIPAA policies and procedures.
- Ensures integrity of data entered into company systems and/or databases.
Experience & Skills Required
- One to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Healthcare background a must.
- Computer Skills: Employee must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office 2003 Suite (including but not limited to: Excel, Word & Outlook).