White Plains, NY
- Job Level:
$50,000 - $60,000
The Junior Accountant/Accounts Payable Coordinator functions in a line capacity performing general and specialized accounting work under the direction of the Supervising Accountant.
- Analyze fiscal trends and patterns within the scope of their assigned area and report any unusual or divergent patterns to their supervisor.
- Posting to the general and any subsidiary ledgers.
- Ensures that there all ledgers are reconciled and analyzed.
- Accounts Payable.
- Analyzes/audits monthly postings to ensure accuracy.
- Meeting deadlines regarding monthly, quarterly and annual closings.
- Ensure contract compliance in detailing restricted funds as required through internal procedure.
- Opening/distributing mail.
- May be responsible for the preparation of regular internal or external financial reports as directed by their supervisor.
Experience & Skills Required
- Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business related field.
- Strong MS Excel skills.
- 1+ year accounting experience, internship experience acceptable.