- Job Level:
$48,000 - $68,500
We are seeking multiple Entry to Junior-Level Synthetic/Operations Chemists for a growing team. This is a fabulous opportunity for a BS/MS level chemist with solid hands-on experience, excellent mechanical abilities, and a desire to work in a collaborative environment.
Our client is a growing specialty chemical manufacturer located in Fairfield County Connecticut dedicated to researching, developing & producing ingredients for the Specialty Chemical, Consumer Products, and Personal Care industries.
- Support chemical development and production activities as part of a multi-departmental team.
- Responsible for the transport, weighing, mixing and pumping of materials for operations. Set-up and monitor reactions, operate mid to large scale reactors, distillation, and purification equipment.
- Able to support mechanical systems such as heating, cooling, vacuum and pressure systems.
- Utilize analytical equipment as needed to assess reaction and monitor quality of materials.
- Adjust processing parameters as needed to ensure product quality, yields and consistency.
- Maintain all necessary production, safety, inventory, training, and other records and/or logs as required, in written and /or computer format. Proper care, safety, maintenance and usage of technology, equipment, and/or systems. Adhere to all safety procedures and policies.
- Maintain an organized and clean work area.
- BS/MS Chemistry or Chemical Engineering
Experience & Skills Required
- 1-5 years of experience utilizing the principles and techniques of synthetic and analytical chemistry.
- Excellent ability to convert weights and measures, calculate concentrations & determine necessary reaction adjustments using metric and U.S. standards of weights and measures.
- Prior experience with reactors and large scale purification is highly desired.
- Mechanical and troubleshooting abilities