Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Job Level:
$33,459 - $44,000
The Purchasing Coordinator works with the Finance Director and Financial Services Assistant to prepare vendor payments. Work involves processing of payroll and vendor invoices utilizing current computer accounting software including validation of vendor invoices against purchase orders, and verification of employee records with payroll documents; assists management with budgetary functions and interacts with and directs the Accounts Payable Specialist. Additional responsibilities include maintaining inventory control systems, positive vendor relationships, and interacting with Division supervisors regarding purchase transactions.
- Coordinates the procurement of goods and services for the Supervisor's Office and ensures timely and accurate product delivery.
- Contacts vendors and suppliers for quotations.
- Prepares purchase orders and follows up on outstanding purchase orders.
- Assists in the identification and selection of inventory items.
- Corresponds with suppliers for quotations; maintains contact with vendors regarding the status of purchase orders.
- Receives incoming materials, supplies, and equipment; Inspects shipments and records damages defects; notifies appropriate supervisor and/or purchasing personnel of same.
- Ensures adherence to established policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance practices, and safety standards.
- Maintains accurate inventory of capital equipment and office supplies
- Reviews existing state and other governmental agency contracts for applicability to existing user agency requirements, prepares appropriate award recommendation and issues central purchase orders if state contracted items match user agency requirements.
- Processes emergency requests in an expeditious manner in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Interviews vendors as to: product suitable to fulfill requirements, introduction of new technology, and cost saving techniques.
- Participates in appropriate ongoing staff development activities
- Performs related work as required.
- Graduation from high school, supplemented by business or economics related courses or seminars
Experience & Skills Required
- Experience in purchasing in retail, manufacturing or governmental organization; or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Knowledge of procurement rules and regulations
- Knowledge of organizational structure, workflow, and operating procedures.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to sort, check, count and verify numbers.
- Ability to detect problems and report information to appropriate personnel.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to monitor and/or maintain quality control standards.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment