Bilingual Spanish Tax Preparation Clerk
- Job Level:
$17.00 - $18.00/hr
The Bilingual Spanish Tax Clerk is the first point of contact and provides support to the Tax Preparation site. The position performs the initial screening of all clients to determine the assistance needed and assure that the client has all documentation needed to prepare the tax return and to assure if the clients may be eligible. The tax clerk will also be trained to assist in preparing tax filings
All candidates must be vaccinated for covid and available to work January through the end of April
- Assist with tax filing
- Identify and determine if clients are eligible to receive our services
- Determine that the client has all of the necessary information to complete the return (i.e., Forms W-2, 1099, social security cards and picture ID)
- Have clients sign the Check-in log.
- Provide the client with the Intake Sheet to complete and assist the client if needed
- Perform the screening process:
- Determine the type of assistance needed by the client and direct clients to tax preparers and to other services provided at site according to the client needs.
- Monitor Site customer traffic and coordinate with the site manager to insure that there is sufficient time to serve the client
- Set up client’s folders.
- Maintain the confidentiality of the client information.
- Provide general assistance to clients.
- Assist in other administrative duties, including file maintenance and answer phone calls.
Experience & Skills Required
- Bilingual Spanish
- Prior office experience. Tax or Accounting experience preferred
- Good writing and communication skills
- Must be comfortable working with diverse population
- Friendly, dependable and flexible.
- Ability to complete tasks completely and accurately.
- Must complete brief training