- Manage all aspects of the credentialing, reappointment and privileging process
- Monitor the processing of all applications for appointment, reappointment and clinical privileges to ensure that the policies and procedures of the medical staff and Joint Commission are followed
- Assure that all initial medical staff appointments and reappointments are completed timely in accordance with mandated time frames and that files are complete, accurate and compliant with quality standards;
- Coordinate the procurement of DEA, licensure, malpractice insurance and other credentialing documents using web-based technology where available to ensure the most up-to-date information is obtained in an efficient manner
- Support Direct Reports with Administrative needs as assigned.
- Follow established policies and procedures in preparing, processing, reviewing and evaluating a variety of recurring documents, forms, requests, etc., and prepares them for approval.
- Put together basic reports and presentations
- Perform confidential interdepartmental correspondence
Experience & Skills Required
- 1+ years' experience in an Office Assistant / Administrative Assistant role preferably in a medical office or hospital setting
- Must be highly proficient in MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experienced managing data
- Bachelor's Degree required