- Publicizes books and authors; schedules interviews with broadcast, print and online media, as well as genre-specific blogs and podcasts.
- Writes press releases, pitch letters and other promotional materials relating to tours.
- Follows up on certain publicity campaigns via email and phone outreach.
- Coordinates all publicity activities on assigned titles from the mailing of galleys to the development of proper angles and pitches.
- Schedules and plans bookstore appearances and special events.
- Assembles publicity updates to be sent to division and sales force.
- Assist department members with travel logistic oversight for multi-author events.
- Assists director in planning travel and logistics for upcoming author tours; inputs necessary details into publicity database and author schedule
- Inputs media placements and events into publicity database for assigned authors.