- Job Level:
We’re searching for the next dynamic member of a global client-facing search team in Raleigh, NC. In this role, you will learn the full suite of the company's software products and will be working on the front lines, providing technical expertise to a growing roster of Fortune 500 customers. As a Search Engineer, you will be the foremost technical agent, representing the company's customer-centric culture and client servicing excellence, while providing customers with technical solutions through products for their production issues. This is a great role for an ambitious engineer, early in their career, with a passion for emerging technologies and who wants experience working with high profile customers.
- Provide expert-level support services to a wide range of customers with varying degrees of technical knowledge.
- Resolve complex search issues in and around the company's products.
- Establish yourself as a credible, reliable, likable, genuine, and trustworthy technical support engineer to your customers.
- Reproduce product issues and open bugs to work in collaboration with our engineering team to provide timely solutions to our customers.
- Document case solutions into knowledge based articles that are later available to our customer base in our knowledge center.
- Contribute bug fixes and improvements to the open source community, in addition to answering message boards, documenting existing code, and blogging.
- Share the ‘on-call’ load with the rest of the technical support team.
- BS or higher in Engineering or Computer Science preferred.
Experience & Skills Required
- 1-2 years of work experience.
- Experienced Java programmer.
- Ability to clearly communicate with customers via different communications means (email, phone etc).
- Preferred experience with Lucene/Solr or Big Data technologies or NoSQL databases.
- Exposure to other related open source projects (Mahout, Hadoop, Tika, etc.) a plus.
- Curious, natural problem solver, great listener, great communicator.
- Startup Energy: driven, resourceful, innovative, passionate, self-motivated.
- Team Player: friendly, helpful, engaging, dependable, company focused, eager to collaborate.
- Confidence without attitude.