New York, NY
Banking - Asia / Australia
- Job Level:
Executive Vice President
We are currently seeking a Head Credit Officer - Executive Vice President who will be responsible for credit decisions in our client's New York Branch such as credit investigation, credit rating and credit screening to support fund finance, which is a core business of the branch. This position is also responsible for managing the Credit Supervisory Office for the Americas (CSOA) and supports General Manager of Credit Supervisory Division (CSD), as well as requiring coordination with other legal entities to meet safety and soundness requirements at the Combined U.S. Operations (CUSO) level.
- Investigate borrowers, sectors, and schemes.
- Matters related to credit rating for borrowers.
- Matters related to screening of loans.
- Provide guidance to the 1st line including affiliates being in charge of investor services.
- Collect and analyze information on fund finance businesses.
- Manage the CSOA department including the staffing in coordination with Credit Supervisory Division.
- Maintain effective relationships with internal and external credit examiners.
- Dual-hatted function with Americas Enterprise Risk Management Division (AERMD) to coordinate with other legal entities to fully meet safety and soundness requirements at the CUSO level.
- Matters requested by General Manager of CSD and by Chief Credit Officer for the Americas (CCrOA) at the CUSO level.
- Bachelor's Degree or an advanced degree from a 4 year college or university (Finance, Economics, or a related curriculum).
Experience & Skills Required
- 15+ years of work experience in credit review.
- This position involves building up a Credit Department from scratch. Must have previous experience in a similar role.
- CFA and/or CPA are a plus.
- Managerial experience
- Excellent communication skills (proficient in written and verbal)